ALL MASSES HAVE BEEN CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Find us on Youtube
FOR LIVESTREAMS AND MORE!
HOLY FAMILY PRIMARY SCHOOL
Holy Family Primary is a school that is constantly adapting to the learning needs of its children and offers a rich learning environment. The well-equipped library learning centre is an active learning space where information technology and research skills are promoted along with a love of literature.
Interactive whiteboards have been installed in each of the infants’ grades, as well as in the library and audio-visual centre, and will progressively be provided to the primary grades. Groups of desktop or laptop computers are arranged in classrooms to facilitate individual learning programs and independent research.
Holy Family Primary students excel in the creative arts and are well served by a spacious hall, which is used for dance and drama instruction, as a rehearsal and performance space, for indoor sports, assemblies and for a variety of community activities.
To support the gross motor development of the infants’ students the school offers supervised access to climbing and play equipment within the school grounds. Air conditioning is provided throughout the school for year-round comfort and optimal learning conditions. Our school canteen provides a healthy recess and lunch menu each school day.
Holy Family Primary School is proud of its Josephite traditions and follows the credo of Saint Mary of the Cross MacKillop: 'Never see a need without doing something about it'. With this as the School goal, the school aims to reach out to others through social justice initiatives. A new initiative in 2013 was the SVDP Winter Sleep Out in the school hall for Year 6 students, raising funds for homelessness through sponsorship.
2017 marked the beginning of a new era as the former St Joseph’s Convent came back to life as the House of Welcome, a support service for refugees and asylum seekers operated by St Francis Social Services. Also in 2017, work commenced on transforming the old parish bingo room under the school hall into a state-of-the-art Learning Studio equipped to meet the needs of children with physical, intellectual and learning disabilities.
In the 21st Century, Holy Family Primary is known as a place that nurtures lifelong learning in students, parents and staff, and we encourage the pursuit of excellence in all areas of education according to each child's unique talents and needs. It is hoped that graduates of Holy Family Primary are capable of adapting to a world of change and that they are empowered to bring about a spirit of faith and hope for the future, as they continue to live out our school motto In Christ We Live, Love and Learn.
2018 marks the 80th birthday of Holy Family Primary School, and the continuation of generations of dedicated work to serve the mission of Catholic education in the Granville area.
The Patrician Brothers arrived in 1942 to open their regional primary and high school, after accepting an invitation given to them by Monsignor J J McGovern (Parish Priest of Holy Trinity Parish between 1941–1953) to open a school in the parish. The school was a focal point of boys education from that point; however, the 1990s saw developments that would affect the school. These developments were the slow decline in Patrician Brothers involvement in the parish and falling student enrolments.
This prompted the Parramatta Catholic Education Office to consult with the Brothers, priests and parents about the future direction of the school. The decision was made to update the current facilities in the school and open up the school as a senior secondary co-educational school. In 1997 the school was renamed Delany College after the founder of the Patrician Brothers. The Patrician charism continues at Delany and whilst only one brother remains on staff the Province takes an active interest in supporting and encouraging Delany’s ideals.
Delany College was originally known as Patrician Brothers’ High School (Years 7–10). Established in 1942, it was one of many Patrician schools in New South Wales and throughout the world. In honour of its rich Patrician heritage, the College was named after the Patrician Brothers’ founder, Bishop Daniel Delany. In 1997 the school became a co-educational college (Years 7–12) to reflect and meet the changing needs of the community.
Delany College offers students a caring and secure environment in which to seek truth and understanding. The School Motto, "Love, Serve, Hope", reflects the College's commitment to Bishop Delany's vision as growing from the beauty and truth of the gospel.